Marine Court, St. Leonards-on-Sea

Marine Court, St. Leonards-on-Sea
... along the prom ...

Sunday 19 January 2014

The Grocer's Bike - Picture of the Week 19 January 2013



I love this photograph! But I never knew I'd taken it until I was looking through a box of old prints. The grocer's bike was propped up between two hoardings in Ealing in 1972.

I won't apologise for the blurring and lack of definition in parts of the image, because I like the effect, though it's not intentional. This is an old contact print from a 2 1/4 square inch negative, shot on a Rolleicord twin lens reflex camera. The camera was borrowed, I was trying out the format. On the whole I found the camera cumbersome and frustrating, but the negative size was great. These negatives no longer exist, so this slightly blurred and atmospheric contact print is all I now have of this photograph.



No comments:

Post a Comment